Join us for this free interactive, live, online webcast with Pax Momentum Co-founder, Matthew Hanson, a seasoned early stage investor and entrepreneur and Principal at Blu Venture Investors.
Host Chris Requena will interview Matt about his startup experiences, focusing on:
- Matt’s inspiration for and success with founding and growing Segovia, provider of satellite broadband internet to DoD, during the Early 2000’s recession
- Accelerating startups at Pax Momentum, during a recession and pandemic
- How to pivot when “it’s not the right time” for your product
- State of Seed and Venture Funding
- Top industry verticals to invest in now
- Partnering with the right co-founders and building teams
- Your questions!
Founder Sagas offers fun, insightful interviews with incredible startup founders who will inspire you and give you advice on your startup journey. Hear interesting stories about why and how founders launched and grew their companies, including actionable strategies and tactics that work well to accelerate businesses today.
Please follow @FounderSagas and share your learnings on social media using our #FS1 hashtag. We’ll retweet you!
About the Speaker:
PAX Momentum combines Matthew’s three professional passions: Technology, Startups, and Finance. Nothing compares to the energy and creativity of early stage companies, which is why Matthew decided to found PAX Momentum with his son, Jack Hanson. Some of Matthew’s proudest achievements include:
- Co-founder of Segovia, a satellite communications company, acquired by Inmarsat for $110M seven years after launch
- Leading the first round of investments in Urgent.ly, a roadside assistance startup named 6th fastest growing company in North America by Deloitte, and leading Blu Venture Investors first round of investments in NS8, a fraud prevention startup just announcing $26M in series A investments
- Angel investor with ten successful exits and counting. I’ve enjoyed the excitement and satisfaction of helping young companies expand, innovate, create jobs, and generate wealth
Brought to you by:
Dev Connecter – Do you need developers to build your apps, websites or software? We will connect you with the best developers, development firm or hiring service, based on your specific needs, goals and priorities. Our vetted partners offer excellent services at reasonable rates, for outsourcing projects, staff augmentation, and for hiring contractors and full-time staff. Contact Chris Requena for a free consultation, so he can learn about you, provide feedback about your product or project, and advise you about hiring options. Chris can also help you develop your technology strategy and requirements, and supervise your projects. Email: Chris “at” DevConnecter.com (website coming soon)
PAX Momentum, the Mid-Atlantic’s premier startup accelerator. Twice a year, ten promising companies each receive a $50k investment and join our eight-week intensive program (mostly virtual with only 3 in-person sessions). The program consists of training, mentoring, and validation. Studies show that entrepreneurs who go through an accelerator program like PAX are more successful – they raise more money and have better outcomes. Three out of the ten spots in the program are reserved for CleanTech companies. PAX is where sustainability meets profitability. Mentoring: Meet with industry leaders and successful entrepreneurs. Get expert advice to examine and refine your strategy. Learn how to build a business from the most renowned business leaders of today. Benefit from the PAX Momentum team and board of advisors who have founded dozens of companies and invested in hundreds more. Validation: PAX Momentum Accelerator will invest $50,000 in each company in the cohort. As a PAX graduate, investors and customers will know that you were rigorously vetted by successful investors and founders. Gain the professional network of investors and business leaders that will pave the way to success for your startup. Training: Attend weekly education sessions that can be done virtually or in-person, based on your preference. Learn key concepts in a group setting with your cohort. Attend lectures and discussions with successful entrepreneurs. Apply by 6/15
How to Join:
Please register with a valid email address and you will immediately receive an email with the link you need to join this webcast.
Founder Sagas is part of the Boston New Technology (BNT) network and is dedicated to providing a harassment-free and inclusive event experience for all members/participants. To attend, event registrants agree to these Attendance Terms, which are summarized on the registration page for this event and in the confirmation email sent to registrants. By registering for this event, you agree to share the information you submit with Founder Sagas/BNT. You and any guests you register agree to be contacted directly by Founder Sagas/BNT and subscribed to Founder Sagas email newsletter and event announcements, but you can unsubscribe at any time.